Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sparkly Spring Flowers

Hi Everyone and happy Tuesday! It is Jessica here...I am so excited to be able to share with you today. I am so excited to be a part of this new Design Team! If you haven't stopped by the QKR Stampede Store yet...you really need to! There are so many awesome stamps to choose from! I love stamps...well I will be the first to admit that I am a bit addicted to stamps...ha ha. I started stamping back when I was in high school. I still have most of my stamps from "back in the day", although I don't use them as much as I probably should. I took a little stamping break between college, getting married, and having my first 2 children. When I was pregnant with my 3rd child, I went with my mom to a SU party...and well...I now have an entire room in the house filled with stamps, paper, ink, and all sorts of embellishments. In January this year I set a few goals for myself...my first was to become a part of a design team, and the second is to be published. Well, I am half way there! I am just thrilled to be a part of a design team for such a great company too. Well enough about me...I have a card to share with you today. Here is a little close up of the flower centers and the glittery petals.

Aren't these flowers soooo cute! I just love cutsie images. I did some paper piecing with the pots and the flower faces, and colored the stems with marker.

And here is the "recipe":

Stamps: Smiling Flowers

CS: white, teal, purple, yellow CS all from SU (sorry I sorted all my CS by color, so I don't' have the exact shade names). PP from TAC Tutti Frutti collection

Ink: palette black

Extras: markers, glitter, foam tape, green ribbon

Have a great day! And be sure to check back often to see what the other DT members have to share with you.

4 comments:

  1. Jessica, this is adorable! I love all the elements, especially the popped flower faces and the glittered petals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica your card is awesome. Love the popped faces on the flowers and the glittered petals. Great job!

    ReplyDelete