Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Christmas in July?! YES!!!

Welcome QKR Friends!
This is Barb, bringing you today's post!
 The theme for today's July Blog posting is CHRISTMAS!
If you have been out to QKR's online store - 
you have maybe noticed that they have some super cute Christmas designs! 
Today I am featuring a card I made using Pine cone accent # 19603.
I chose this stamp because I live in Northern Minnesota
 where pine trees are plentiful!
 I love all things pine cone!
The image was stamped onto white paper then colored with colored pencil. 
I added some liquid applique to make the snow. 
In case you are not familiar with Minnesota - snow can be plentiful here as well. 
 I then distressed the edges to make the image pop more.
The background paper is from Graphic 45. 
They have some of the most delicious papers! 

Thanks for visiting today!
 Drop over to the QKR store and check out all the
 great images that are available! 
Until next time!

Barb

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the distressing and the blue scallop for it makes it look like it is part of the DP! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Barb! I love the added snow on the pine needles!!!Your distressing really makes the image "pop" off the page!!

    ReplyDelete