Thursday, December 23, 2010

Dance

Hi there! I am sure you are all just as ready as me for the crazy weekend ahead. HA HA HA...I am sooo not ready! BUT...like everything else, I am sure it will fall together, and the kids will still have a magical Christmas. Today I wanted to share a NON-Christmas/winter card with you. For some reason I feel like I have been making holiday cards since July, and just haven't stopped, so I needed a change of pace. I picked this Ballet Shoe image from the QKR Stampede store for a couple reasons. #1...I have 3 little girls that love to dance, and #2 I just liked the "beauty" of this image. Isn't this image so pretty? I stamped it with pink ink, and colored with watercolor crayons. I added some Smootch Pearl to the ribbons, and then fussy cut it out. Now the entire time I was cutting I had 2 little girls hanging over my shoulder saying..."Don't break it mom!" "Don't cut it apart mom!"...lol. Well I managed to get it cut without any slips. I layered it onto some PP from Imaginisce, and onto a white CS base. The word "dance" is some letter stickers I had on hand, and I added some pink stickles to them. The heart border is one I got at a crop a couple weeks ago. Now the ribbon...so I was doing some blog hopping and stumbled upon this. I wish I could give credit to who I saw it, but I can't remember =( So...this is NOT my original idea, but I had to try it. I used a punch for the edge of the pink CS, and simply laced the ribbon around. It reminded me of ballet shoe laces. I thought it was so pretty, and will be doing this again for sure!

Well...I hope you have a wonderful holiday season, and a great New Years! I look forward to sharing some more of these awesome QKR Stampede images with you in 2011! Be sure to stop back and see what the other DT ladies have for you between now and then!

3 comments:

  1. This is adorable Jessica! Love the image and your layout is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! i love how you tied the ribbon on the side. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I can just see the girls "helping" you to cut that image out. You did a great job on this one! Love the laced ribbon on the side.

    ReplyDelete